Kigali Paramount Hotel will be a regional training centre of excellence for the School of Hospitality and Tourism of Mount Kenya University Rwanda (MKUR) which was given full accreditation by the Rwandan Government recently, and will rebrand as Mount Kigali University (MKU). The facility is expected to operate under a four-star rating and it will be the first of its kind in the country playing a big role in the training of manpower in the sector, one of Rwanda’s top exchange-earners. We are therefore looking for a general manager who will be responsible for the following;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Incorporate the regional centre of excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Training and Research;
- Ensure full compliance with hotel operating controls, SOP’S, policies, procedures, and service standards;
- Lead all key property issues-including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment;
- Responsible for the operation, presentation, and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual operating budget, market and sales plan, and capital budget;
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short-term and long-term strategic goals for the property;
- Closely monitor the hotel’s business reports on a daily basis and make strategic decisions ;
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Administration & General work are on target and accurate;
- Maximizing room yield and hotels revenue through innovative sales practices;
- Involve in guiding and teaching;
- Participating in decision-making in the staffing function;
- Coordination of heads of departments for the execution of all activities and functions;
- Manage and develop the hotel executive team to ensure career progression and development;
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health &safety act, fire regulations, and other legal requirements and any other duties that he may be assigned and willing to work all day when needed.
A university degree in hotel management or a related field with experience in pre-opening, managing, or repositioning a hotel with a clear track record and excellent computer system skills.
At least 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant four to five-star related hotels and international experience. And 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
The application letter should give full details of your education and professional qualifications, working experience, applicant’s telephone number, and email address. Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of (3) three referees who are up-to-date with the applicants’ competence. The experience must be supported by documents.
The application should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager not later than 9th May, 2023 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information kindly visit www.mkur.ac.rw/new
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.