The School of Social Sciences comprises the departments of Journalism & Mass Communication and the department of Social & Development Studies . The departments offer postgraduate, undergraduate, diploma and certificate courses in various disciplines such as psychology, international relations, diplomacy, development studies, journalism and media studies, diplomacy, governance, security studies and criminology, peace studies and public administration.
We cultivate the ability of students to think critically, conduct research and draw logical conclusion while at the same time expressing their thoughts effectively, with the overall intention of providing them with learning experiences to position them to serve and function in a dynamic global environment.
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES WE ARE DEDICATED TO PROGRESSIVE THOUGHT AND CRITICAL ENGAGEMENT IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF RIGOROUS INTELLECTUAL STANDARDS.
- Department of social work
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication- The modern approach to this course reflects the changes that have transformed journalism and the communication field (and by implication society) in recent years. You will learn from respected journalists and other industry experts, exploring what it means to work with new technologies in today’s multimedia newsrooms and workplaces.
Graduates pursue a wide range of careers as:
• Business consultants • Community development officer • Diplomats • Economic development advisors/officers • Economic policy analysts • Eco-tourism guide/agents • Foreign services officers
• Fundraising officers • Government relations advisors • Immigration officers • Intelligence officers
• International aid workers • International communications experts • International policy analysts
• International youth workers • Market researchers • Peace/human rights activists • Policy/political risk analysts • Program analysts • Project coordinators • Research assistant/researchers • Teacher/professors
• Volunteer co-coordinator/recruiters • International policy analysts • International youth workers
• Market researchers • Peace/human rights activists • Policy/political risk analysts • Programme analysts
• Project coordinators • Research assistant/researchers • Teacher/lecturers • Volunteer Coordinator/Recruiters